Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Great Sunday Adventure!!!






























Our friends, Carolyn & Louie visited us today at our church and we wanted to go to lunch with them afterwards...but they had other ideas!!!

We did go to lunch, but in Burney!!! We had yummy burgers in The slightly snowy town of Burney and then Louie (he actually calls himself 'Crazy Louie' !) gave us the choice of directions we could go...since I had no idea, Les chose and we drove over some very snowy roads and we went past Lake Britton, the really pretty dam, down some Very snowy roads and saw some beautiful creeks (Louie says they are great fishing spots) We went past a sign for Highway 89, Hambone & Julia Glover Flat...I am sure you know exactly the place I am talking about! Haven't we all been to Hambone???

Somehow, I mean we ended up in McCloud and enjoyed driving around and seeing how buried in snow the houses etc are! It truely is a winter wonderland...I was so happy that I didn't have to get out and get cold ! We had a nice time getting to know Carolyn and Louie better as we drove. We finished our adventure by going to the Grand Buffet in Redding. This was a first for Les and I and it was pretty good! They dropped us off at our car in the Safeway parking lot and I was surprised to see that it was about 8 pm when we got home!!! It was a very fun day! Thanks for the Adventure Louie and Caroline!!! It was great!!!








4 comments:

Kim said...

Look at you, you little adventurer! And you got all the pictures to post as well! Kudos! Glad you had a fun time, you deserve it.

Denise K. said...

Absolutley beautiful!!!! :-)

Janet said...

Those pictures are great! :) I love that blue house, wow!

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys enjoyed your afternoon! What a great way to see the snow (warma and without having to drive!).