Sunday, December 13, 2009

He IS a Treasure to search for!!!


Riley and Drew were in their school program this past week and it was great! They did a play that had been written by the 8th graders. It was the Christmas story in the eyes of a group of Pirates! Riley had a speaking part (7 very important words!) and her Grandma Wilma and I could not recognize her in her pirate garb! She was our grandson Riley! Drew was in the choir and was very cute as a pirate too! Find her in the group pic! The eye patch was a great addition!

Collin should have had his name in the program because he became a side entertainer! When the pirate parrot would say " Arrrrrgh, a treasure to search for, a treasure to search for" Collin mimicked him in a very loud voice and made the audience laugh! He didn't realize that everyone was laughing at him when he did it! He was sooo funny! He also had a hard time locating his buddy Markie and so when he finally saw him he was so excited that he wanted to make sure that everyone saw him and so he yelled "Hey there is Markie...NINI (markies mom!) There's Markie!!!!!!" No microphone needed for that boy!
The costumes were so great and the script was very inventive and entertaining! Riley's teacher Peggy Peterson was the director and she did a great job as always!


2 comments:

Janet said...

That is so fun! I love the pirate theme! :) I love the beards, haha! I bet Collin made the show complete. :) :)

Kim said...

I love pirates~ What a great idea! Glad it was such a fun time!