Thursday, September 20, 2012

I Remember When...

I remember when I was young I would be around "old" people and they would talk about their medical stuff.  They would talk & talk & talk about their aches, pains & doctors!  I would think that they must go to the Doctor just for the fun of it and so they would have something to talk about, because they were SO old and they obviously NEVER had anything else to do!  Well, now that I am one of those old people and I have been to doctors a lot recently and have had a major operation I kind of understand why it was so much discussed...not for the reasons previously stated but, because after you have had an operation everyone asks you about it and after you have been stuck in the house for a week or so you don't have anything else to talk about!!!
Well, I am going to tell you my doctor story and you can either continue on or just shut it down right now!!!!
I went to see my (MY!!!!!) surgeon on Tuesday. Melissa came and picked me up & we went into see the doctor fairly soon after we arrived.  Dr Gonzoles is a very humorous guy!  First of all he read my chart on the laptop...no paper charts anymore I guess and he was very excited to read that the lab counted over 50 medium size stones AND that I had a hole in my gallbladder!!!! Wheeeee!!!  He removed my stitches all the while talking about his family and their tomato sauce, a show he watched about a spagetti sauce that is almost like homemade....the relationship he has with his aged mother....I told him that we have a very good italian restaurant that grows it's own veggies (including eggplant) behind the store and he was amazed that Anderson could have a good restaraunt!
THEN as he was walking out the door, he said to us "Well, I'll probably never see you again for the rest of my lift and that is a shame cause you seem like very nice people".
I had to laugh cause I have never had a doctor say anything like that before!  We chuckled all the way to the elevator!
So....that is my gallbladder story. If you want I will show you my scars!!! Collin wanted to see them and I think he was a bit disappointed! No blood or guts!

3 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...


I love that you wrote the story of your post op down. Please don't tell Dr. Rodriguez how much you liked Dr. Gonzo.

Janet said...

Over 50?!!! Oh my goodness, that is crazy!!! I'm glad you had a happy and friendly doctor and that you are well! I think more doctors should be more down-to-earth. :) I hope the next doctor I encounter can tell me about some spaghetti sauce :)! Miss you!