Thursday, July 4, 2013

Life as a foster parent

It's been about 2 months now since Sonja & Bobby joined our lives... Seems like it has been longer in so many ways. They have wormed their way into our hearts & caused us to try & figure out how to become the parents we never were. They are so different than our children and grandchildren. They have seen & experienced things I hope they will never have to again. My grandchildren are so sweet & kind. Gentle in so many ways. I am proud of my girls and how great they have been parenting their kids. All 7 will be productive & outstanding adults just like their parents. I know that Matt & Janet will be amazing parents.
Going to counciling & attorney appointments with Sonja & 3+ hour visits for Bobby... Things kids shouldn't have to think about... Wondering who they will live with. I pray that the time with us will be a time that will make a difference in their lives.



1 comment:

Kim said...

They are very lucky to have you!