Tuesday, March 1, 2011

beautiful Robins!

I have always loved Robins! I love how they look, sing, hop around looking for worms...you understand! If asked what my favorite bird is I would have to say Robins! I have always liked hummingbirds and eagles but as even an early memory I thought Robins were beautiful! They came to visit our house on Sunday! HUNDREDS of them! I spent over an hour outside yesterday trying to take pictures of them. But pictures just don't do the shear numbers justice! I took several videos of the tree that they were eating berries off of. The tree actually quivered with the activity!
It was really cold outside but I am so glad that I did it because they stripped the tree completely of all of it's berries and have moved on today...I was kinda sad, but I took over an hour to clean the aftermath off today! I am trying to add the photos to this post but who knows!!! They will be here some where!!!! I hope you enjoy these few that I am posting! I do have to say that the cats and Daisy were all in a crazy state of mind because of so many birds in the back yard! Spike even was a target for their poop!!!! Poor guy...no respect!

2 comments:

Truefan said...

My favorite picture is of "desperate Dot" the cat... so hopefull that a robin will not notice her hanging out in the tree!

Janet said...

Wow! That is so cool, Susie! I would have loved to have seen that! :)