I had a very busy Wednesday! I got up at about 6:30...just because I was awake! I then leisurely prepared for my day! At 8am I was due to meet the April Clean Up crew at the corner of Knobcone & Lodgepole Avenue! We were given a safety meeting and issued a very homely orange reflective vest...Pretty!!! Unfortunately for me, it was raining! It was very nice weather on Tuesday...Oh well! ANYWAY...we then began unloading the pickup trucks & vans that began streaming toward us, and the ladies house who was next to the WM dumpster (she just kept bringing stuff out of her house, garage & backyard!)
We quickly filled one 60 yard dumpster when we began to drive through the neighborhood in a caravan. A pick-up, a pick-up with a large trailer, & then an unmarked police car carrying more guys to do the heavy lifting! I rode in the one with the trailer. The driver's name was Duane and he was a Citizen on Patrol Volunteer. A very nice guy who partners with his wife to go out and do the hard job of telling people that they can't park vehicles in their front yards, and tag abandoned cars in our city!
By the end of the day we had filled two 60 yd dumps of just general garbage, 2/3 of a truck with e-waste. One dumpster just of metal and one large enclosed trailer of furniture,,,plus a large trailer of bicycles! Then we got a call from 2 people in the neighborhood who needed help removing their junk, so we also had a trailer and 2 pick-up trucks filled....
Let me just say that I was a tired girl by the end of the day (2:30 pm!), but I was very happy to have participated! I got to meet some great people who just wanted to make Anderson a better place to live!
3 comments:
That is a LOT of trash! Yowsers! I think it is great that you went out and helped though. And you rocked the orange vest too!
Wow Susie! That sounds like a great thing you did, but yikes, what a day!!! So awesome that you guys did so much!
And then she came home and made me fill of the driveway with all of our trash and yard waste for the Friday crew that will be hauling away stuff from our neighborhood. I'm gonna start hiding the chainsaws... :-)
Post a Comment