Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 4 - BROADWAY!!!!!!!!! (REALLY!)

We arrived in New York City at about 3pm with one hour to get ready for the evening! After eating at Chevy's we walked a few blocks to Time Square! Talk about sensory overload! The lights, the traffic, the noise was amazing! Very exciting!  We went to our play (our BROADWAY PLAY ON BROADWAY!!!)
Which was Lion King!!!!  Riley and Melissa looked ready for the whole scene didn't they!!!!
 If you look on the left side of the picture above you can see the ABC Studio where Good Morning America is done and the Evening News with Diane Sawyer!!! I just kept telling myself...You really are in Time Square!!! It was so hard to believe!!!! We saw where the ball drops on New Years Eve!!!
It seemed very surreal!!!  I WAS REALLY IN TIME SQUARE!!!!!!!  (But I do have to disclose that I was surprised at how small it seemed compared to how it looked on t.v.!!!
 The play was fantastic, the costumes were out of this world! At one point when the hyenas came down the aisle next to us it was pretty creepy cause their heads came out of the person's chest!!! I have seen bits & pieces of it on tv but it just doesn't do it justice!!! Everyone was thrilled with the play!!!

3 comments:

Janet said...

That is so cool! I like how you said it was so surreal! I love that feeling. Melissa and Riley look so cute! I just love these pictures.

Kim said...

That kid behind Riley cracked me up!

susie said...

Yes Jake was the trip clown! I imagine he is the class clown!!!