
I have many titles...Mom, Wife, Daughter,Grandma, Sister, Friend, Pastors Wife...you get the idea! Tonight I added a new and exciting title to the list...Anderson City Planning Commissioner!!! I never really thought that this would be a title that would be one that I would hold even though I have had a lot of interest in the planning of Anderson for many years!
When the door opened I felt very good about stepping through it. The guy in the picture with me is James Yarbrough, he is the City Councilman who nominated me for the position. I have known James for several years and I feel very honored that he has felt that this was something I was qualified to do. I will have the position as long he is a Councilman. At least until 2012. This is probably a perfect time to start on the Planning Commission because there is not a huge amount of projects being started in the city. I will have a chance to start out slowly and as the economy improves the projects will roll in and it will be so exciting to get to be a part of it! I actually will be going to Sacramento this weekend to a training seminar...
Let the adventure begin!!!!
9 comments:
Congratulations! :]
Oops! I pushed the wrong button!
What I said was: Congratulations, this is so great!
What do we call you now? Madam Commissioner, Your Honor, Your Majesty???
I am so proud of you! Get in there and kick some butt!! I know you'll do a fantastic job!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I know this is something you have wanted! I am so glad to see it all work out!
Wow! I think that is pretty amazing! I know you will make A-town proud. Nice to see you wearing a skirt too...(did you have your boots on? One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you!)
WOW!! Congratulations ... now your calendar will be even more full!!
Congrats! I know you will do a wonderful job, just like you do with everything else you do!
That's so cool! Way to go! :)
Congratulations!!!! :-) What an exciting time for the city of Anderson, and such a special honor! I feel like I know a celebrity!! Sending you love and good wishes from Colorado, Denise :-)
Post a Comment