Friday, March 6, 2009

3 Great Days!!!!



























































































If you know me at all you can easily guess what I will be blogging about here!!! I was able in the last 3 days have a great time with all 6 of my grandkids!!!!













It started out on Wednesday when I traveled to Sacramento to Jen's house! The main objective of the trip was to get to meet the Mid-Wives that will be helping my grandson Desmond into the world in a few weeks! More about this later...the visit was fun. We went to Ikea and wandered around looking at all of the fun stuff (even Molly thought it was fun!) for several hours. Jen gathered some stuff that she had been wanting and then we tried to find an Office Depot with the map on our phones! This turned out to be quite an adventure when our first choice was clear on the other side of the continent (should have taken a clue right away!) we traveled many miles and saw many sights but never found the Office Depot that was promised...Rowan took a nap in the car and Lydia really wanted the adventure to be over so we decided to give up and go home for dinner! Dinner was a yummy stir fry and egg rolls! We had a nice evening with Lydia enjoying my camera and taking many pictures with it! We do love the camera! Thursday was the Midwife Appointment and we got up in plenty of time to get there. Molly shared her bed with Daisy and I! The appointment went very well and it was very nice to meet the 2 ladies that will be at Jen's house helping with the birth! They seemed very calm and experienced. They answered all of my questions and even told me that when it comes time for the birth that they will take over taking pictures so that I won't miss it with my own eyes! They have a wall with strings of beads which stand for each birth that they have attended since they have been practicing together...it was very interesting to see the different beads which were coded for those born in the water, those born not in water, those who had to be transported to the hospital for their births...(there were only a few of these each year!) I felt very good about the whole situation and am excited that Jen will get to do this the way she really wants to!













I came home last night and today I got to have Melissa's kids at my house for the whole day!!!













It was Teacher Inservice Day!!! Yeah for Us!!! Drew rarely gets to spend time at my house after school any more and Riley never does, so this was a real treat for all of us!!! Collin loved having his sisters there to play with and because the weather was a beautiful sunny day we got to be outside almost the whole time!!! We made mac & cheese for lunch and the play ground got lots of use!!!













I love to be with my grandkids and the only thing that would have made it all more perfect would have being with them all at the same time!!! This should happen for sure in April when there will be 7!!!! The perfect number!!!! Until there are 8!!!!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm glad you had a good time with the grandkids! :) They just love you so much, you can tell!!!

Kim said...

What a delightful post. Glad you had such a fun few days with the g-kids! And even though I heard about the midwives I didn't hear about the beads so that is a fun new story!