Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cards for Delaney

We have a couple in our church whose Grand-daughter Delaney is sick with cancer for the 2nd time in her life. The first time was when she was 5. (this is the age of Drew now) She recovered and has been a pretty much a normal girl since then, except now she is fighting the fight again...She is now 10 years old (same age as Riley).
I was talking to her Grandma Georgene on Sunday and she was telling me how Delaney is having a difficult time with everything this time. She has lost her hair and is very sad about it. Her Dad shaved his head hoping to help but it only upset her more and she won't let him go anywhere without a hat now. Georgene said that she really likes to recieve cards so I am hoping that if you have a free moment you could send her a cute card. I don't really feel comfortable just putting her address here on the blog so I am not sure how to handle it. If you have any suggestions on how this can be done let me know!
Several classes including Riley and Drews at school are going to make and send cards to her.
She is in San Francisco right now having treatments. I would love for her to come home to a bunch of cheer!
Don't forget to keep her and her family in your prayers.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Ohhh.....Susie......I am glad I am behind a computer right now......I am balling like a baby!!!! YOur sweetness is what this world needs more of!!! I would LOVE to help!!! I LOVE making cards and have a bunch of fun stuff....oh....also do you think we could donate some money for something? A gift or a special surprise for her? Please let me know what I can do to help!!! :)
my email:
Jenney Gannon
werklempt@hotmail.com