A year ago, Kim & I had a friend ask us when it was that we had had our last mammogram! This may seem like an unusual question for most...but this lady was one of the founders of Think Pink!
If you didn't know, Think Pink, the breast cancer awareness campaign, originated in Redding, CA!
Anyway...We looked at each other and both admitted it had been a few years...to which she replied "Well, you should go together and have it done and then go out for lunch!" We talked about it and thought that was a good idea and then never acted on the thought!!! Until, this year!
Kim made the appointment for us and on the day it was to happen her Dad was back in the hospital and she had taken the day off to be with her parents. She decided it was okay to go through with our "boob smashing" as we had fondly been referring to it as! (Sorry boys!) We met at MD Imaging and to our delight they have one whole wing of their building dedicated to this procedure!!! So, knowing this, we knew that everyone who was sitting in the room was going to have this done or was waiting for someone who was!!! My Cousin was there with her husband too! Kim was called in first and I sat there...finally it was my turn...let me say, no pain involved but, I felt as though I needed a cigarette after wards!!! The lady who did the (sorry guys, it has to be said) smashing had as much personality as a wet paper towel...just very matter of fact about it!!! A little conversation would have gone a long ways to make me feel a bit better, but it didn't happen!!! We didn't get to go to lunch cause Kim had to go back to thehospital...and later we wondered how we would be informed how we did!!! We had entertained the receptionist with our husband info (same first name) and son info (born on the same day/15 years apart) and had not asked any questions!!! We didn't remember giving any doctor info! Well, I finally got a call from my doc saying it was normal which is good but I was hoping for exceptional!!! Today I got the letter confirming this AND telling me I needed to do it again next year!!! I don't know...maybe we will just plan on going out to lunch and THAT would be a smashing good time!!!
2 comments:
I just gotta laugh at the title of this blog! Good for you for keeping up with that. I love your expression "as much personality as a wet towel" hahahaha :)
update: Still haven't gotten a call from my doctor. Everything must have been fine. Sorry I had to take a rain check on lunch...promise to try and make it up to you!! Glad you blogged about this since I didn't.
Post a Comment