Monday, February 7, 2011

Evolution...Unevolution????

De-Evolution....??? What would it be called when something is going back to what it was originally?? When we moved to our house there were some very large plants in the front & back yards...lots of bulbs stuck here and there...not much in the way of formal plantings. As the years went by we started to add a few tree roses in the front yard then removed them, traveled to Ferndale CA and saw a beautiful victorian mansion there with a gorgeous yard. Les wanted to have that house and yard and since it wasn't going to happen as a package deal he settled for the yard on a much smaller scale...now, we have lived in our house over 35 years and we are changing the yard again. The main thing that the mansion had was a formal boxwood hedge that went all around to border the lawn. Those hedges have been a trademark of our yard but they had grown way out of control. I have tried for the last two years to get them under some control but started dreaming of an english cottage type garden. Whenever I see a photo of one I just drool! They are so beautiful!
Well, last week while I was out of town with Molly,Les and a friend pulled out all of the boxwood hedges, plus the boxwood shrubs that were in front of the house! The yard looks great already! So much larger!!! I am already removing rocks and dreaming of beautiful flowers!!!
I will try and post some photos soon!!!

4 comments:

jen. said...

Make sure Molly helps with the dirty work! :)

Janet said...

I have always loved the yard and house! I can't wait to see the new look though. :)

Kim said...

Pictures please!

Truefan said...

Rock on hon... :-)