Yesterday (Saturday) was the annual Rotary Crabfeed! I always look forward to it, I LOVE crab! We spent the evening with 1100 other people who enjoy it too! It is a fundraiser for our community. The Rotary uses the money for many great causes!
I don't eat the chowder, but Les loves the chowder!He will eat some crab but, focuses more on the soup! Our table was filled with Les for State Senate Supporters. We handed out campaign buttons and it was fun to see soooo many around the room!
Today (Sunday) Les had our friend Crazy Louie stand on the road near our church and pretend to be a homeless man. He had a cardboard sign which said HUNGRY, one of the men from our church passed him and then stopped his car, walked back to talk to him and invited him to come and have breakfast with us. He came and stayed in character and was wonderfully received by our church family. This was how it is supposed to be! This is how it is at our church! We went to Mary's Pizza with Louie afterwards!
Then the hard part of the day had come...It was time to go to Kim's house for the Going Away Party...David and Aleah leave tomorrow at noon for San Francisco. From there they will eventually end up in their new home in the Dominican Republic. They are going as long term International Workers which is the new name for Missionaries The plan is that they will be there for about 18 months before they come home for a visit. I am so excited for them but, I know how hard it will be for Kim & Les to be away from them for such a long time. I tried very hard not to be emotional when I told them good-bye but, I didn't succeed. Sorry Aleah, but you know you have been so special to us and I really will miss knowing that you are here in town! I will do my best to take good care of your Mama but I know she will miss you so much!
All in all it was a good weekend...now on to the weekdays! (it is supposed to rain this week!)
2 comments:
It was so good to have you there with us yesterday! Thank you.
One of these days we are going to go to a crab feed with you too! It always sounds so delicious!
That crab feed sounds so yummy! It will be hard for Aleah to be gone for so long, but she is doing something so great! The good thing is she has David and lots of supporters and people who are praying for them. I don't blame you for getting emotional! It just shows you care :)
Post a Comment