We went to the private 4th of July that the McConnell Foundation throws each year in the Paul Bunyon camp. There is a lorikeets cage that was near where we sat. Kim & I wandered around & ended up near them. They thought we had food so many came right to where we stood on the outside of the cage! They are so beautiful. I really wanted to touch them & when I put my fingersup against the wire they started to stick their tongues out & taste me I guess! Their tongues are not what you would expect!!! They were kind of bulbous on the end but forked too. They were very gentle. It was very cool! My nails wer painted a pale green so maybe they thought they were leaves!!!
The fireworks were amazing as usual & the ice cream sundaes were yummy! We had a great time! Kim & Les came with us! That made it even better!





2 comments:
LOL they licked you!! That is so cute and sweet. They are quite beautiful birds! :)
I am glad we walked around this year! Fun!!
Post a Comment