Thursday, September 3, 2015

A new life chapter!

I have regreted giving Violet up to another foster home...that little girl has stolen my heart!!! She was placed in a home in Weaverville .They have 3 other children who are small and they fell in love with Violet also!!!! She is very Lovable! 
I have taken her to all of her Dr appointments since she left except for the last one on August 21st.
Her mother's rights were removed on August 20, 2015  Sarah her RFL social worker took her because bio-mom was expected to be there and she might be combative.  She had attended the last visit that I had taken Violet to and she had made many  statements that made it look as though Violet was in her care.  (I did report all of this to RFL).  
She got to spend her 3rd birthday with us...I was so happy about this! 
We had decided that if Violet was ever needing a home to be in we wanted her to be with us. (It looked as though the other family  was going to adopt her but the County was concerned about her living so close to her family...The  children went to the same school with Violets sisters who had been returned to their mother on the 21st.).
On September 2nd Sarah called and said that the County and the State adoption worker were very excited that we had stepped back into the picture and they felt that we were the best choice for our little Violet!!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!!!! I think I went into shock.
We needed to tell our family... Melissa was first and was very supportive! I told Kim and she said she would support us even though she was worried about us and our age difference with Violet.  My parents went into shock but seemed happy, Jennifer had concerns about our age and what would happen to Violet if she wasn't able to care for her self when we became too old to care for her. Good questions and concerns. Matt was amazing and was so happy for us!
The age difference was one of the reasons we had said we couldn't adopt...we had been asked several times...by different social workers but it just had not seemed as though we should do that.
I'm sure there will be many challenges and joys in this adventure of Violet. We never thought we wanted to be parents for the rest of our lives...but...here we go!!!! Can;t wait to have Violet back home with us!!!!

No comments: