Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Saturday...

Saturday - Usually I wish for a second one in a weekend because the first one was too busy, and I feel the need to repeat just to get a bit of relaxation or rest!
Today was Saturday and I would like to repeat most of it because it was one of those days that was enjoyable and NOT exhausting!
I always plan to sleep in but it doesn't happen, including today. I got up & read my devotional and then got on the computer just to get caught up reading blogs and facebook...you know! Well, then I got dressed & went to the Redding Library book sale!
I met Kim there and when it opened we were in the section of childrens books! Kim suggested that we look for Nancy Drew books for Drew and then she found a whole box (40 books) which I immediately grabbed & purchased! I found a few books for me to read and spent $11.00!!! We delivered them and then went to Costco & got C.Dogs for lunch, drove over to Winco & sat on a bench in the sun & ate them! Then we went to turtle bay & walked with Kim's parents (it was my first time to walk from there to the mall across the Sac river! Very noisy!) After a brisk walk we went to Weinersnitzel and got mmm-ice cream! Took it to the park & sat & ate it while looking at the river! Then we went to Michaels & looked around & THEN we went to Home Depot to look at tile! We all need time to play sometimes and today was a great one to do it! It was almost 70 degrees out and not windy at all.
The part I don't want to repeat is finding out that a friend's 15 year old son has cancer & it is very serious...how does this happen? I am praying for a miracle for this family. I want only to repeat the sunny part of this Saturday.

2 comments:

Janet said...

That sounds like such a beautiful day!! You were busy in a fun way! Bullhead needs some book sales like that!! haha!!

That is so sad though about the son who has cancer?! I hope that he will be able to be cured, and live a full life. Even so, what a scare for those parents. I can't even start to imagine how I would feel to hear that about my child. My heart goes out to their family.

Kim said...

I had a nice day and agree, let's re-do he sunny parts!