One of the things that I do during the week is listen to Riley and Drew as they learn the Bible verses for the week! I enjoy this a lot and am amazed at the ability to memorize that they both have!
Riley's class is memorizing 1Corinthians 13, which is known as the love chapter. It is a very long thing to memorize but, it has made me think about how we should all be applying the Word in our lives.
Here is the part that she is memorizing this week:
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant(or puffed up), does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek it's own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails;
I know that it isn't possible as humans to be perfect, but wouldn't it be wonderful if we could live with more love between us...
There are so many difficult things that we are all having to endure in this crazy life and just the thought that if we remembered these words of wisdom more often, we would all maybe be able to deal with each other and the yucky stuff so much easier!
The Love chapter is a beautiful part of the Bible...it is sheer poetry...even if you don't enjoy or ever read the Bible this is a section that you should read...they are words to remember and live by.
4 comments:
If only the girls could apply that verse to their dealings with eachother. =)
Love-ly thought on this love-ly day! :) I am right there with you Meli - wish my kids could show a little more of that towards each other!
Good blog my friend. I love your deep thoughts about God's love and how we should show it all more to those around us. I strive towards the Love God talks about in I Cor. 13 but boy is it hard for me to do. I guess that is why "it's not by any righteousness that I have done. But according to His mercy He has saved us." (don't know the place in the bible for that one)
Hey, btw; I love ya!
Truly 'love' today's blog... and love you!
Post a Comment