Saturday, September 6, 2008

What a week!!!

After such a busy Labor day weekend I really thought it would be a pretty calm week...especially since Les was out of town Tuesday - Friday evening!!! But, boy was I wrong about this!!!
Tuesday I was with Collin in the morning, picked up Drew from school & came back home until it was time for Riley to get out of school and then we stayed at Melissa's house until it was time for soccer practice. It was Back to School night so I got to take the kids home, feed them dinner and help them get ready for bed! It was kinda fun! The soccer practice place was very dirty and grimy and Collin had to have a bath for sure!!
Wednesday, I had the exterminator and the oven repairman both come before 10am! Collin was a tired boy and had to be woke up from his nap to go pick up Drew from school! We just stayed in Redding until it was time to pick up Riley and go to Gymnastics! Mike came home about 5:30 and I went and sprayed Les' warehouse for ants and picked up his mail and then went home!
Thursday was a very frustrating day...I was supposed to go to see the chiropractor at 9:45 but I had forgotten that we were on a short week and had scheduled the repairman to come back with the part to fix the oven bettween 9 & 10 am...he didn't show up until 11:15 just as I was leaving to go and pick up Drew...(I really needed to have the oven repaired because I was having a family reunion at my house that night!!!) So everything that I had planned to do in the a.m. didnt happen and I had to decide to do a bunch of it on Friday! Anyway...
I had cousins who were arriving at 4ish from Seattle and Ottowa Canada. I was very excited to meet my cousin Claire and her husband, and to see my cousin Scott and his wife Sue again!
I had invited all of the family to come and we ended up having 10 for dinner! We had a great visit and I was so happy to get to see people who are related to me through my dad! My Dad died when I was 12 and I really like learning more about his family! I have cousins in Redding that I barely know and have just met!!! I got to bed about midnight that night!
Friday I went to Curves, went to Redding and did my shopping and took the car to get it lubed...they noticed that I had a bulge in the drivers side front tire and recommended that I get it checked out SOON...so I finished my errands in Redding and took the groceries home and ate lunch and then went to Les Schwab...all 4 tires had the same problem and had to be replaced so I got to spend over an hour there in the stinkiness and I had about 1 hour to get the house straightend up before Les got home from his trip and we went to a fundraising BBQ for our friend James Yarbourgh who is running for Anderson City Council.
We were supposed to go to Sacramento for Rowan's Birthday but her party kind of fell apart and because we had such a huge expense with the tires I decided we couldnt go which was sad for me. I don't think it made a difference for her at age 3 but, I was still sad...Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Grandma Susie loves you very much!!! ( I ended up with a horrible headache and wouldnt been able to go anyway :-( ).
My brother Tim arrived today from Rochester NY...I havent seen him for 15 years and am so glad that he will be relocating here! Here is a picture of our little family reunion!
left to right...Barry Brownson, Dan Haas, Scott Haas, Claire Haas, Vicki Pasero & Me! We are all Haas by blood! Barry, Claire and Scott are the same generation as my Dad and Dan, Vicki and I are the same generation! Vicki lives in Redding but this was the first time we had met! She is Barry's daughter.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! I am exhausted just reading about your busy week and i didn't even live it. Sorry to hear you had a bad headache yesterday. I hope you are feeling better today. Also nice to see the family pics!

Melissa said...

You are a busy girl! Maybe this week will be less crazy...hahahahahahahahaha!