Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye 2008! HELLO 2009!!!











I have to say that I am happy to say goodbye to 2008!!! Don't get me wrong...I had a lot of great things happen in 08, like our fabulous trip in May, spending time with family and friends throughout the year, getting together and meeting family members from far away, my brother Tim moving here from Rochester NY! BUT...2008 really ended with a very difficult 2 months of hard labor to prep Les' large warehouse for sale. We worked almost daily at the warehouse, skipping Thanksgiving and barely acknowledging Christmas. We were blessed to have so many friends and family come along side of us to help and I really believe we wouldn't have been able to make the deadline without them! Jen sent Molly to stay with us and Melissa took several days out of her schedule to get very dirty with us! Matt surprised us and drove all day on Thanksgiving to do hard labor for 2 days! My parents Floyd and Judy Slack helped haul garbage for 2 days and many tons...My brother Tim helped with garbage and moving stuff for yardsale and storage... Teresa, Tina & Eric Sorenson spent many hours at the warehouse (some even when we weren't there!) Kim and Preston Faires, Vern, Gerry, Ray,James, Rocky, Tammy, all came and spent many hours helping us with this impossibly long and difficult job. Then there were those who helped out in other ways to make my life a little easier...Anita who helped me with Melissa's kids a couple of days and Karen who was so wonderful to help us out with Daisy...she came and picked her up one day and another day gave her a bath for me (she looked like a junk yard dog!!!) We will never be able to tell you how much we appreciate the help. I had several times when I would be at my wits end and someone would come along side and give me support or encouragement and I would be able to keep going!
The building was completely empty on Monday, Dec 29th, we signed the papers on Dec 30th and the sale was recorded on Dec 31st!!! YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I am looking forward to not being dirty everyday and being able to get back to our regular hectic schedule! I am going to be so happy to have time and energy to do my blog again! I even look forward to going back to Curves again and getting into my excersize schedule again (did I really type that?) Molly is going to stay for a while and help me go through many boxes of paperwork that need to be sorted and much of it shredded...She has been amazing and we are really enjoying having her here with us!
I want to wish all of you a very happy and blessed new year.
One more thing...We will be welcoming a new grandson into the family in mid April! Jen gave Dave a video of the sonogram on Christmas morning and he called to tell me!! Collin will have a playmate!!!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Nice to see you posting again. Nice spending the last few hours of 2008 with you too! Let's say yes to a great new year! Love you

Truefan said...

All is back to normal... whatever that is. I am glad to see you posting again as well. Make me feel like we are moving forward again. He're to a great '09!

Melissa said...

Ask Molly if the due date is April 28th for me...

Denise K. said...

I too was ready to say, "Goodbye" to 2008! I wish you and your family many blessings in 2009! May the new year be filled with good health, happiness, and peace! With love from Colorado, Denise

Momofgirls said...

Now we can both have a fresh New Year start...and I am coming by to see that Italy album!!!

nini said...

You're back!!! I am so glad! Congrats on another grandson! I hadn't heard yet! Very exciting!!!! I am so happy the warehouse is done! You earned a crown full of jewels for that one! Happy New Year to you too! It was fun spending New Year's Eve with you! Has anyone told you how hot you look lately??? :)