Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!!

We held our annual 3rd of July party on the 30th of August this year!!! Why would we do this you ask??? Well, we have had a very fiery and smokey summer and on the 3rd of July our County had so many fires going that our fairgrounds was being used as a firecamp for all of the firefighters. This was okay with me because it wasn't the time for them to be firing stuff into the air that could contribute to our disaster and who knows if you could have even seen them because it was so smokey that it got dark around 4pm most days...it was very upsetting and I am so thankful to have clear air now for the most part!
We has a much smaller crowd than normal for the party, only about 20 people, but it was a fun night and the fireworks were great!!! I wish I knew how to put titles next to my photos cause I really like how that works, I will need some instruction Melissa!!! As you can see the bbq looks like a blazing fire! The meat turned out great even with the blaze! Mark, Tanner and Madison all had a fun time playing on the waterslide until it got dark and the temps started to drop so they snuggled into the hammock and this brought out the paparrazzi!!! I think Anita & her Dad took 100 photos total of these most adorable 3!!! We were glad that the fireworks started earlier than planned! They were great and it was fun to try and take pics of them!!!
We had a pretty normal Sunday, Church, babyshower, etc... and then today we went to the Annual Labor Picnic that is held in the Anderson River Park! We went with our friends James and Janet Yarbourgh. James is running for Anderson City Council and we wanted to introduce them to as many people as we could! We really want him to win!!! We are going to his fundraiser picnic on Friday too! They are amazing people and we don't get to spend enough time with them! We are determined to try and build more of a friendship with them cause we always have such a great time with them!!! They are very busy folks too!
Well I hope that your weekend was fun and memorable!!!










4 comments:

Kim said...

Your pics of the fireworks turned out incredible. I had to "borrow" mine off of a website from the city. Glad I was able to come and share in the fun! How great that you went to the Labor Day picnic too- you supervisors wife you.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful party. You're a great host. Thank you for my Sophia Kinsella book to borrow! I can't wait to find a spare moment to read. Love you!

nini said...

Thank you for having us! We all had such a fun time! Looking forward to doing it again next year. Hey - maybe it'll even be on the 3rd of July??? :)

Janet said...

You're bbq looks like a blast! What fun pictures :)!