Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Harvest is over!












All of the pomegranates have been removed from the tree and taken to the health food store that has been buying them from me!!! Les has been the chief picker...too many that needed a ladder to be reached! We picked on 3 different days and in 3 different weeks. This way I was able to supply the store with our gorgeous pomegranates and none went to waste!!! This was the first time I have tried to sell them and I have to say it was very successful...they paid 75 cents per piece and I made over $250.00!!! Les picked this one from in the middle and top of the tree! We were shocked at how large it was...the girls called it the giant pumpkin-pomegranate!!! I wouldn't let the girls carry it for fear that it would be dropped and I wouldn't get to take these pictures!
For perspective I decided that the tape measure and the quarter would help so that you could see the size!!!



6 comments:

Beth said...

Good job Susie .... when times are tough we can sell Pomegranetes!!!

Melissa said...

Holy Mamma, that was a big one!

Kim said...

Wowza! I didn't even see the quarter shot until you mentioned it in the blog. Crazy big!! Great idea to use the perspective too!

You are my hero! Making all that money on all those free pomegranates!

Karen said...

And thank you for sharing some with me! They are so good. When I was a kid, Woody & Dororthy Kilpatric kept me supplied with poms in the fall. They are so pretty and healthy! I love to put them in salads.

Congratulations on the health food store biz! You are becoming quite the entrepeneur!

Denise K. said...

Oh Susie, I am so envious!!! I have been searching for poms everywhere and they are $3.99 each in the grocery store! Yikes! My mouth is watering just seeing the pictures of yours...ah, I may have to break down and spend the $4 as yours look so delicious!!!

Janet said...

That pomegranate is outrageous!! What a fun find! I bet the kids will remember that for a long time!