Then after another 1 hour wait we got to watch Drew's game at 12:30! Drew made a goal even though she was one of many human Popsicles! She is very enthusiastic and really likes to be the one who throws the ball in or do the kick!!! Drew's coach owns North Valley Fitness (I think that is the name of his company) and he is also the sponsor of the team and he had a film crew there with him making a commercial and the camera man ran up and down the field with the kids and then did some other stuff on the sidelines! At one point he was taking filming and Drew was the subject and she just ran up to the camera and yelled HELLO! It was pretty funny...she is so shy! Anyway after the games I was feeling pretty beat up from the wind but I needed to go and buy a few groceries. I went home after shopping and was able to lay down for about 1/2 hour and get warmed up and then Les came home and we decided to go to Mary's Pizza Shack for dinner (our friend Melissa Hunt was on the roof raising money for Plus One Mentors so this was in support of her!) MMMM! Calzone isn't on my food plan but that was what we ate and it was yummy! Then we went to Walmart and used their machine that takes your change and you get cash for it.....Let me tell you we had a ton of change! More than I could have carried myself! We ended up with a shoe box of pennies, a shallow bucket of mixed change, a sour cream container of mostly quarters and dimes, and a big Costco size jar of mixed change...I can't remember how many pennies it said we had but it was many thousand! The grand total of all of the change was $254.40....Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
It might be worth it to look around your house and gather up all of that loose change and see how much it is worth!It costs about 8 cents per dollar to use the machine but I think it was well worth it!!! Did you know that if you click on the picture it makes it larger? I just found this out last week! You can read the receipt clearly if you enlarge the pic!
I also sold pomegranates for 75cents each last week and made over 40 bucks!!! Next stop...the consignment clothing store to sell my too large clothes!!! Too bad you can't sell blood in California cause I would do that too!
5 comments:
Loved reading about your day. Very eventful. I wish we had a bunch of change collected around the house. I think the continual scrounging around for money keeps us cleaned out. Good for you though!!! That is incredible. I hope you do well at the consignment store also!
Casinos will turn your change into bills for free. Not all have a machine that will process pennies though. I use their cups as holders at home and to fit in more when I cash out. I tip the nice lady $5 and we are both happy :]
I WISH there was some spare change lying around my house! We end up sending it to school for milk or the occasional hot lunch, I had to scrounge some a couple weeks ago to get into the soccer park...I had not been to the bank in a while! Love you!
That is too funny about Drew and the camera man! :)
That's great about all of the change! Woohoo! :)
You are so funny! What else can you sell? How about your Hair...no blood. Very nice verses.
Post a Comment