Friday, October 24, 2008

last weekend...


Last Friday evening, all day on Saturday and Sunday morning, Kim and I got to work on our scrapbooks! We like to go out of town because it is nice to get away and not feel bad about the dishes that don't get done or people that don't get the usual attention!!! We have gone as far north as Lincoln City, Oregon and as far south as an oceanside cabin near the Hearst Castle! We have spent many hours driving to locations and this takes away from our scrapbooking time!!! We enjoy traveling together but that is beside the point!!! We have used hotels in Redding and almost did this time too...but, we decided we wanted to try the newest hotel in the area...which is Gaia in Anderson!!! Ha! Ha!!!
When I made the reservations the lady asked my home address and then she said...you live really close don't you!!! Yeah it is about 1 mile from my house!!!
We really liked the hotel. It is a Green Hotel....they even have gauges in the lobby which showed the electricity and water that is being used!!! Anyway, I took some pics of the stuff in the bathroom cause it is different than most hotels! The toilet had 2 buttons and depending on what the toilet was used for was what button you pushed! There were dispensers in there for lotion and hand soap plus the one in the shower for hair soap, conditioner, and body wash. No small bottles. But the shower was a bit difficult for me (yes I am a retard sometimes!!!) I couldn't figure out how to turn it on and Kim had gone out to get breakfast, so I just took a bath. bummer. Turned out there was a little ring on the faucet you had to pull down, oh well.....
We had a great time and got a lot done in our albums! It is never enough cause we take so many photos! But, since we don't get to spend as much time as we would like it was just great spending the time together! They had great Wi-Fi (very easy to use) and cable tv. The restaurant is supposed to open in November, it will be called the Swan Lake Bistro...they have a pond with 2 white and 2 black swans! Looks like it will be a place to go for special occasions because it is a bit pricey!



















































3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that you two even take pictures of your pictures! Glad you had a fun time!

Kim said...

Thanks for adding the pics of the messy beds and toilet flow buttons. We want to remember that 20 years from now!

Janet said...

It looks like you two had a nice scrapbooking extravaganza! I like how you two even bring your own tables haha.