Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Rare Happy Moment!




Wednesday was a rough day for Collin. His mouth must have been in extreme pain. He was not his normal cute and sweet self...he cried and hit and was so miserable that I tried to do everything I could think of to make him happy...to no avail. He wanted to go outside and he chased Daisy around with the leash and wanted to put it on her...when I tried to help he layed on the floor and screamed....when we got outside he didn't want to walk he wanted to be carried! When I didn't pick him up fast enough he layed on the ground and screamed! I decided to go early to pick up Drew, hoping that he might go to sleep in the car but instead he sat in his carseat and screamed all the way to Redding...I hoped that he would calm down when we got to the school but instead he kept falling down and crying. We sat in the front seat of the car for a while and Collin played with the steering wheel and locked and unlocked the car doors. He enjoyed this for a few minutes and then got mad when I wouldn't let him push the button on the keys to make the horn honk!!! He is usually so happy and yes he can get a bit fussy but not like this! When we got home for lunch I decided that a waffle with peanut butter and syrup was in order and Collin got happy for long enough to eat it!!! He enjoyed the process of me poking the fork into the waffle and then giving him the fork so that he could eat it! He ate the whole waffle and then he put the plate on his head!!! Yick! Now he had syrup head and was very sleepy!!! I used a washcloth to wipe as much as I could out of his hair and then put him down for a nap! I was exhasted too!!! When he woke up he still wasn't feeling great and sat in my lap and snuggled for quite a while...then I realized he had not had a motrin before lunch...whoops, Luckily a friend (Anita) was there and got one for him! He did a bit better in the afternoon but he ended up having a bath and just going to bed when Melissa got home!! I hope and pray that these teeth come out quickly!!! The poor guy has had a very hard time this week! Today was a much better day and he was more like his happy self! And no syrup on his head!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad that you got some time today to get up to date with the blog world. Yahoo!

Thanks for coming to family dinner tonight. Loved having you here. Hope you can bring true fan with you next time!

Melissa said...

Only a Grandma as wonderful as you could put up with such a crabby baby. I think we are all happy he has gotten past this trying time and is his happy self again!