We had a great time at the Home School Conference! It was as much as an adventure as expected! Thursday we left the house at about noon and drove to Sacramento. It was an uneventful trip and we arrived about 2:30! Jen's house smelled great when we got there cause she had baked some bread!!! I wanted to eat it right then but it was for the next day...bummer! We ate dinner and then went to the Ramada for the Conference's Ice Cream Social. It turned out to be the modern type where you stand in line and pick what kind of Ice cream bar you wanted for 2.50 per person!!! It was ok and we had an interesting special guest to come and entertain...and I use the word entertain loosely!!! It was a Capt. Jack Sparrow look-a-like who jumped out of a coffin and then said a few insulting words to the crowd and then he strutted around with a girl and got his pic taken with some people...he scared the little kids and bored the adults...he really wasn't very entertaining and I hope they didn't have to pay him very much!!! The next morning we started out doing a mosaic class and we broke plates with hammers! It was fun and our mosaics turned out great! We did many activities over the 3 days, finger painting, improv theater classes, fun math classes, orgami, and we swam 3 times in 2 days! We saw naked children, Screaming children, Happy children, Great teenagers and not so great ones too!!! The talent show was ok but the talent was limited! There were adults that had a fabulous time and ones that had their own agenda's (and tried to inflict them on everyone else) some of the adults are very involved in their kids educations and there are those who just pretend to be involved ( this is called unschool or unparenting). I had a great time with my family and also getting to know the other homeschool families! I look forward to going again next year! I feel that I learned some new and fun things too!!! I also really enjoy people watching!!!
1 comment:
The mosaics sound fun. We still enjoy the stepping stones we made for my mom that year. Great memories for us and them as well.
Glad to hear more about the trip and nice that you were able to spend the time with Jen, Dave and the girls! You are a GREAT grandma. You better be, because I'm taking lessons!
Did you take pics of the Jack Sparrow entertainer? I would love to see THOSE.
Post a Comment