Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday!



Wow! Today was the first day of a new season of life! Collin and I had all morning together before we had to go and pick up Drew! Why is this a new season? Well, last school year Collin was just a tiny baby and didn't know the difference when him and I were alone! Now he is more of a toddler and he knows that it is just the 2 of us and he wants attention!!! I remember when it was the first day of just Drew and I and boy was it different!!! Molly andLydia had spent almost the whole summer with me and when school started it was a lot different because Drew didn't have any other kids to play with!!! I treasure this time with each kid! Collin is such a sweet boy and he played with Daisy and Dot the cat (she loves the attention he gives her...Daisy not so much!) He spent time putting coins into a piggybank, drank a bottle, tried to take a nap, went up and down the porch steps and played with all of the toys we have in a tub for him! He loves to get the hair rollers out from under our bathroom sink and carry them around! He has learned how to get on and off the little wood bike and ring the bell but not move it around too much yet!

We went and picked up Drew at 11:30 and saw the fire in Redding beginning...luckily on the opposite side of the freeway from Melissa & Mike's house...When we got home I fixed lunch while Drew did her homework! She did it very nicely and I am so proud of her! I hope she keeps up the excitment !!! When it was time for lunch, we had Dino Chicken nuggets (my oven decided to not work again, bummer) that I had to cook in the microwave and Collin decided he wanted to eat with Drew. It was so cute. He got on one of the little chairs so I decided to see if it would work and he just sat there and ate all of the chicken I gave him, drank his milk from a sippy cut like a big boy and was soooo happy!!! He is growing up too fast. They all are :-(

Anyway, we went and picked up Riley after school and went to their house so that they could get ready for soccer practice...and it was so wonderful to hear Riley say that she had an Awesome Teacher!!! She is enjoying school so far and yes I know it is only the 2nd day but it is a great start to the year!!! She had already done her homework so she asked to watch a movie and I could say yes!!! It was a great afternoon!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like the new routine is a go! I enjoy hearing all the little things that make your professional grandma status what it is. I've been getting some "grandma training" in with Xander the past few weeks and it is sure fun!
We should plan some scrapbooking time soon!

Karen said...

Had to laugh seeing Daisy on floor patrol!! I'm sure she'd like one of those chicken pieces too!

I'm glad you're treasuring (and recording) all these precious moments with your grandkids. They are blessed to have you.

Karen

Matt said...

More fires in Redding?!

Denise K. said...

What a beautiful family you have Susie! How fortunate the kids are to have such a wonderful grandma to spend time with! Youa re so blessed, as are they!

Thanks for your kind comment on our blog as well. I so appreciate your kndness and prayers. Yes, He is all knowing, and cancer will not take away one day from God's plan and we are at peace with that knowledge!

Thanks Susie!

Blessings,
Denise :-)