Friday, August 22, 2008

Rowan's phone call!

Friday evening I was trying to finish getting a few things done and the phone rang...it was quiet at first and looking at the caller id I knew it was Jen's phone and began to think that I had been called by accident...then I heard a little sound and realized that it was Rowan!!! She didn't say anything that I could understand to begin with and I could hear Jen in the background telling her to talk to me. Then she started to whisper and I had to say I couldn't understand her and to speak louder...she said...my Mommy has a baby in her tummy!!!
So, we are expecting our 7th grandchild sometime in April!!! Rowan is excited, Lydia isn't and I have heard that Molly cried...she will be 15 when she gets another sibling and I am sure she isn't looking forward to it. Another annoying little person in the house...We hope she won't have to share her room or her birthdate (April 28th) but I know she is and will still be a fabulous big sister no matter what happens!!! So 2009 will have something great to look forward to!!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations!! What a surprise! I'm praying for Jen and the baby to be healthy. Hey "cuz"...I think you're gonna need to buy a bus!!

Karen

nini said...

Holy mama! What exciting news! Looking forward to lovin' on this little one next year! Maybe it'll be a boy... :)

Truefan said...

Hard to believe huh Gramma? And you're only 38... with number 7 on the way. I know it makes you very happy to think about more grandchildren to love (me too). Hey, your blog is very cool. Glad I finnally had the chance to read it all. Well, gotta go and start shopping for that bus...

Kim said...

How very exciting! If all your wishes come true you will have a baby in the family for at least the next 10 years. That would be a stretch of 25 years of grandkids which is so awesome! Can't wait!

Melissa said...

Well I think that 25 year goal might be a stretch! It is very cool to have a new addition to the fam! I predict another girl! Really good to hear from the mysterious truefan again, I was wondering where he ahd been.