Melissa says I am borrowing trouble, but I have been thinking about what I will do with myself when Collin goes to school and I have no more babies to take care of....basically when I have empty nest syndrome again!!! Riley told me yesterday that she thinks I should have an Art School/Day Care cause I do both of those things great!!! That was very sweet of her and I will keep this in mind!!! What brought this to her mind was that I decided I wanted to do somemore mosaics and thought it would be fun to try it with Riley and Drew!!! I kinda forgot that i would also be dealing with a one year old little boy at the same time!!! I bought all of the stuff I would need after work on Monday and was all ready to get started on Tuesday morning!!!
We went out to the front side yard so that I wouldn't have to worry about Collin playing with Scruffy poop and got set up!!! The girls loved breaking the dishes and didn't want to stop doing it when I thought we had enough! Collin wanted to play with the hammer too but we had to restrict his fun! The part of gluing the broken dishes on the clay pots went very well. We had to wait until today to do the final grouting...This was a more difficult step and I helped a bit more so that all of the cracks could get filled in with grout. The gooeyness was fun for awhile but then Drew got a bit tired of having it on her hands!!! I helped both girls finish their pots but the design was all of their own!!! Final step was the buffing of all of the dish pieces and marbles to make them cleaner and both girls did a bunch of this! We had a great time making our beautiful pots and I am sure we will have to do more of this type of project! It was really fun!
4 comments:
I am very impressed and want to attend Art Class too. The pots are lovely. I would like to request a Mary Engelbreit style mirror perhaps for my living room or hall. I am jealous but glad it went so well.
You're a wonderful crafty grandma! If you start your school, I'll be your first student. Although I won't need day care anytime soon I can sign myself up :)
Those pots are beautiful! They would make fantastic gifts! Something to consider... :)
Ooooh, Aaaah! I really love the pots my talented children made! Thanks for always doing fun things with all the kids, you are a fab Grandma! The girls both said they had a really good time doing this project. I love that pic of you and Collin, you both look so happy!
Mel
Post a Comment